What is the Festival of Trees?
Where is the event located?
When is the Festival of Trees 2016?
- November 25th from 10am-9pm
- November 26th from 10am-9pm
- November 27th from 10am-6pm
Do you have to pay to enter the event?
Discounted advance tickets may be purchased online at MissionTix for:
- Adults: $13
- Seniors 65 and older: $8
- Children 5-12: $6
- Children 4 and under: Free
*Discounted advance ticket prices available through Thursday, November 24th at 11:59pm.*
During the event, November 25th, 26th, and 27th, regularly priced tickets may be purchased at the onsite box office for:
- Adults: $15
- Seniors 65 and older: $10
- Children 5-12: $7
- Children 4 and under: Free
Want to skip the lines, but didn’t buy your tickets in advance? You may still purchase tickets online throughout the event for the regular ticket price.
If you do not wish to purchase your tickets online, discounted coupons may be found on our website for $1 off admission the day of the event.
Are Coupons accepted for online ticket purchase?
Do I have to purchase tickets for a specific day?
I purchased my tickets online. Now what?
What are the benefits of purchasing my tickets in advance online?
There are a number of reasons that it is in your best interest to purchase your tickets in advance online:
- You can print your tickets at home or show them on your SMART phone at the event entrance.
- You get to SKIP THE LINES at the Box Office since you have already printed your tickets at home
- Tickets purchased in advance are DISCOUNTED!!! You save $2 off regular Adult and Senior admission and $1 Children’s admission (through Thursday, November 24th at 11:59pm).
How do I attend the Festival of Trees for FREE?
May I leave to run to my car and come back?
Are items purchased tax deductible?
Will there be food?
Is there an ATM?
Do you have any General Tips for attending Kennedy Krieger Institute’s Festival of Trees?
- Purchase Admission Tickets in advance to save money and time.
- Leave your coat in the car. (Although it is cold outside, we have the heat on inside!)
- Bring a shopping bag for all your goodies (Remember, all wreaths and 2-foot trees are cash & carry and we will not be able to hold them for you.)
- Coordinate a designated meeting spot in case you and your family/friends get separated.
- Don’t forget your camera. (There are many great opportunities to take your holiday greeting card picture at the event.)
- Bring your spare change to throw in the Wishing Well.
- Be prepared to spend at least two hours at the event.
SantaLand (Children’s Area)
What activities are there in SantaLand (Kids’ Area)?
- Train Ride
- Carousel (Wheelchair accessible)
- Inflatable Slide
- Carnival Games
- The Princess Companies
- Wildlife Adventures (Mini Petting Zoo)
- Remote Control Race Track
- Race Car Simulator Ride
- “Reindeer” Pony Rides
- Make Your Own Craft
- Santa Letter Writing/Express Mailbox
- Other activities offered by our vendors
How much do SantaLand activities cost?
- 2 Red Tickets: Carnival Games
- 4 Red Tickets: Arts & Crafts, Carousel, Train Ride, and Fun House
- 6 Red Tickets: Remote Control Race Track and Simulator Ride
- $5 Green Ticket: 1 Pony Ride (You may also use 10 Red Tickets)
- $5 Wristband: Unlimited Carousel, Train and Fun House Walkthroughs
You can purchase an Activity Ticket Quick Pack for $20 at the Ticket Booth in SantaLand. The Activity Ticket Quick Pack includes 20 Red Activity Tickets, 1 Wristband*, and 1 Pony Ride. (Wristband good for Unlimited Carousel, Train and Fun House Walkthroughs)
Are there any activities you can do for free at the Festival of Trees?
- Viewing of more than 700 decorated trees, wreaths, and gingerbreads
- Around the clock entertainment (check the schedule here)
- Visiting Anna and Elsa and other princesses in SantaLand
- Coloring Station for the kids
- Letter Writing to Santa & Express Mailbox to the North Pole
- Santa visits (Don’t forget your camera!)
- Wildlife Adventures Animal Display (mini petting zoo)
- Model Train garden/display
Trees, Wreaths & Gingerbread
How/where do I purchase a tree, wreath, or gingerbread house?
Can the 7-foot and 4-foot trees be delivered?
- Trees can only be delivered within a 30-mile radius from the Fairgrounds.
- Trees are purchased in “as is” condition.
- Deliveries are made outside to first floors only of all homes, condos, apartments, businesses, etc.
- If you are not home at time of delivery the tree will be left at your front door or garage area.
- Tree deliveries to businesses will be made to the loading dock, or building front door.
- Buyers are responsible for unpacking and setting up trees.
What happens when I purchase a wreath/2-foot tree/gingerbread house?
What are the pick-up times for 7-foot trees, 4-foot trees, and gingerbread houses?
When I pick-up my tree, how is it packaged?
When my tree is delivered, how is it packaged?
What happens to the trees/wreaths/gingerbread houses that don’t get sold?
How to get Involved
How do I sign up to sponsor of the event?
Festival of Trees at Kennedy Krieger Institute could not happen without the generous support of our incredible sponsors and donors. We have sponsorships available from $1,000 to $40,000 and each level includes a variety of benefits including signage, advertising, event tickets, etc.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please call the Kennedy Krieger Institute Office of Philanthropy at (443) 923-7300 or email FestivalOfTrees@KennedyKrieger.org.