Stay Updated on Changes to Festival of Trees 2020!
Share your contact information below to receive the latest updates for this year's event!
The COVID-19 pandemic, and the public safety measures surrounding it, have led us to review and assess all Kennedy Krieger Institute-sponsored gatherings. Our iconic Festival of Trees holiday season event is our largest Institute event and requires months of preparation and promotion. As you know, the event typically involves volunteers from inside and outside the Institute.
For the health and safety of our staff members, volunteers and guests, we’ve made some important decisions about this year’s event:
- Festival of Trees 2020 will happen! The best word to describe our approach and vision for this year’s Festival is “hybrid.” It will be a blend of past traditions, such as designers decorating trees for sale, with new ways to use technology to execute other traditions, such as the silent auction and photos with Santa.
- Much of what will happen will be virtual or assisted by technology.
- As the logistics of our hybrid event are worked out, we’ll let you know about volunteer opportunities. Support from volunteers is always crucial to the Festival’s success, and while this year will be different, support from volunteers will still be essential. The jobs just might be done virtually!
Here’s what we know so far:
- We will NOT be selling regular admission tickets and bringing the public to the Maryland State Fairgrounds.
- We WILL be selling designer-decorated trees and, likely, other items online.
- We WILL have an online silent auction that will enable folks from anywhere to participate.
- We WILL have an innovative way for kids and families from all over to have a "Festival experience."
- We WILL have entertainment that everyone can enjoy.
- We WILL feature our patients and students, and their families, as they are the reason why Festival of Trees is so important.
- We WILL offer exciting new opportunities for our sponsors to gain exposure.
- We WILL need everyone’s ingenuity and support to make this year’s event a success.
The full details will take shape in the coming weeks, as we gather input from our various constituents—sponsors, attendees, vendors, volunteers and staff members. We will keep you informed as our 2020 event takes shape when you enter your email address below. In the meantime, please email us at FestivalofTrees@KennedyKrieger.org if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest in Festival of Trees.
Sign Up to Receive Updates!
To receive updates and information about Festival of Trees and other events benefiting Kennedy Krieger Institute, complete the information below.
You'll start to receive email from us shortly. Your information will only be used to provide you with content of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Let us know what you'd like to hear more about (choose all that apply):
Preferred method(s) of delivery: